What do I need on my computer?
Edivate Review works great on either Windows or Mac and runs entirely in your web browser. As a cloud-based service, there’s no software to install. All you need is Internet access. To record, you’ll need to enable Adobe Flash within your browser and a connected webcam.
For "best" results, here's what you should have on your computer and/or be mindful of:
- OS - Windows 7 and up or Mac OSX (current or most recent previous version)
- Web browser – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer (current or most recent previous version) Note: Edivate Review is not supported on IE 10, Safari 8 or older versions of either browser.
- Adobe Flash (current version) and webcam if doing live PC recording
- PC hardware – for best performance, processor and video card should be less than 3 years old, and you should have at least 4GB of RAM
- Chromebooks and Windows RT tablets are NOT supported and will generally NOT work with Edivate Review
- Please make sure to disable any ad and script blockers (or whitelist www.edivate.com) as these can interfere with Edivate Review's functionality.
What are the privacy and security considerations?
Edivate Review is designed from the ground up as a private video service, giving you control over what is shared. By default, all videos are private and are only available to others based on the admin account.
Network and Specs
How good is the video and audio quality?
As a general rule, you can expect Edivate Review recording results to be similar to whatever quality you can get using Skype from the same computer.
What network considerations should I know about?
Does Edivate Review work with mobile devices?
Edivate Review is designed in HTML5 in order to work on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android. Further optimization for mobile devices will be developed over time. Live web recording requires a PC, although you may record with your mobile device's camera and upload your video using your mobile browser.
For "best" results, here's what you should have on your mobile device and/or be mindful of:
- iOS or Android operating system (current or most recent previous version)
- Do to large file size, a Wi-Fi connection is strongly recommended for video uploads on mobile devices.